With the looming climate and ecological crisis, could increased collaboration and a unified voice boost our community's efficiency and impact?
YES... and transparency is the first step towards greater unity, efficiency & impact is.
Local organizations addressing sustainability challenges can join Green County San Mateo, at no cost through June 2020, to build our community's foundation and receive these membership benefits:
- profile in GCSM Directory
- events on GCSM Calendar
- engage in GCSM Internship Program (coming soon)
- access to GCSM Help Wanted/Offered Program (coming soon)
(All are invited to Thrive Alliance's E&S TAGs -- run in partnership with GCSM.)
If your organization would like a formal relationship, GCSM can provide a 1-page Letter of Intent (LOI) that has simple memberships terms.
To continue, please thoughtfully describe your organizing using the linked form. Consider this a draft that will be reviewed by the GCSM Central Team before the publishing.
Please prepare the following (~2 hours time) before you begin. To request support or ask questions, please email [email protected]
Step 1 - Provide Organizational Information
Other's in our community want to quickly understand who you are.
- Organization Name - as you want it listed
- Founding year
- Website and/or Facebook page
- Local headquarters city in San Mateo County
- Location focus - any of:
- Coastside (Pacifica, HMB, surrounding areas)
- North-peninsula (DC, SSF, Brisbane, Colma, SB)
- Mid-peninsula (Millbrae, Burlingame, Hillsborough, SM, FC, Belmont, SC)
- South peninsula (RWC, MP, Atherton, PV, Woodside, EPA)
- All-the-above and beyond SMC borders
- Organization type - one of:
- Business - for profit green tech entrepreneur
- Education - high school or college environmental club
- Government - ES teams within cities, agencies, districts, and county departments
- Nonprofit - local group or regional chapter of larger organization)
- Sustainability disciplines - any of:
- Climate (reduce greenhouse gas emissions, mitigate consequences)
- Energy (lower usage, increase renewables, improve resiliency)
- Food (local, sustainable, healthy)
- Land (preserve open space, increase carbon sinks)
- Transportation (prioritize walking, biking, smart transit, and shared/EV miles)
- Waste (reduce, reuse, recycle)
- Water (clean, conserve, manage, reuse)
- Number of staff & volunteers (not 'supporters')
- Leader's name and contact info
- Additional contacts and contact info
- Other important information (optional)
Step 2 - Provide Mission Statement & Goals
Others want to understand the challenges you address and your corresponding solutions
- Mission Statement (50 words or less)
- 2019 & 2020 goals (150 words or less)
Step 3 - Provide Environmental Sustainability Programs Information
Others want to know the key programs you execute to achieve your mission (please provide each of top 3 programs or work categories).
- Program type, educational outreach, policy & advocacy, project/innovation
- Description - 150 words or less
- Goals - 100 words or less
- Activity dates
- Additional help needed to improve results
- Other important info
Step 4 - Social Equity Information
- Incorporation of social equity and quality of living into organizations programs (150 words)
Additional Info (not published & can be provided later)
To understand how we can help you increase your impact, the Green County San Mateo Central Team would like to know the following.
- Existing partnerships
- Desired partnerships
- Help needed for increased impact
- Incorporation of social equity and quality of living into organizations programs
Ready to Begin?
If so, please progress to this link.