Environment & Sustainability Thrive Action Group
The Environment & Sustainability (E&S) Thrive Action Group (TAG) is a program by Thrive Alliance, in partnership with Green County San Mateo.
The E&S TAG’s mission is to convene cross-sector community leaders – from business, government, nonprofit, & youth – once a month to discuss real-time resource conservation challenges and solutions through the lens of equity and sustainability.
Our Goal – Identify areas and actions for members to collectively drive change by harnessing the group’s wisdom and power.
3 Tracks - monthly meetings now rotate amongst the following:
- Policy Track - Meetings focused on sustainability policy & advocacy within one or more of our seven target topics - climate, energy, food, land, transit, waste, & water.
- Programs Track - Meetings focused on organizations’ ongoing public education and time limited incentive-based programs.
- Community Building – Informal gatherings with structured and unstructured networking.
Upcoming 2020 TAG Meetings
- Tue Jan 28, 6p (Burlingame) - On the Table – Share your stories on climate action impact and room for growth... (Community Building)
- Thu Feb 20, 3p (Redwood City) - Are We Fostering a Just Transition and Green Jobs for All? (Policy)
- Thu Mar 26, 4p (TBD) - x
- Thu Apr 16, 4p (TBD) - x
- Thu May 14, 4p (TBD) - x
- Thu Jun 18, 4p (TBD) - x
- Thu Aug 27 - x
- Thu Sep 17 - x
- Thu Oct 15 - x
- Thu Nov 19 - x
- Thu Dec ? - x
x - more info coming soon
2019 TAG Meetings
- January 16, 2019 - How is San Mateo County preparing for the changing climate? (Policy Track)
- February 20, 2019 - Intersection of Housing and Sustainability (Policy Track)
- March 20, 2019 - Food & Footprint: Sustainability in San Mateo County (Policy Track)
- April 10, 2019 - Hike-a-Palooza #4: Crystal Springs Regional Trail (Community Building)
- June 19, 2019 - Climate & Energy Policy: Carbon Cutbacks in SMC (Policy Track)
- August 28, 2019 - Land & Water Policy: Backing our Coastside Neighbors (Policy Track)
- September 18 2019 - Public Education on Green Topics: Goals, Reach, & Impact (Programs Track)
- October 16, 2019 - Food Waste Fiasco: Dealing with Packaging & Surplus Disposal (Policy Track)
- November 20, 2019 - Partnering to Lower Our Countywide Ecological Footprint (Programs Track)
- December 5, 2019 - 2019 Year-End Celebration (Community Building)